Frequently Asked Questions


Parks, Recreation & Forestry Frequently Asked Questions

Where is your office located and what are the hours?

Our office is located on the main floor of City Hall at 1115 South Main Street in West Bend. 

Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

What are the park hours?

Most of our parks are open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.  The exceptions are the Downtown section of the Riverwalk, Old Settler's Park, Grant Playlot, Muenk Playlot and Maplewynde Park, which are from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Are dogs allowed in parks?

Dogs are not allowed in any City Park except for Ridge Run Park, Rolfs Dog Park and on the paved and or groomed gravel pathways of the Riverfront Parkway Riverwalk. 

Dogs are allowed on a six foot leash in the following areas:  on the Riverwalk, on the Eisenbahn State Trail,  in Ridge Run Park, and on the Ice Age Trail as it goes through Glacial Blue Hills Natural Area.

Dogs are allowed in the Rolfs Dog Park on 18th Avenue (see the map of City Parks).  A tag can be purchased for your dog at City Hall finance dept.  See more information here.


How soon can I reserve a rental facility?

We begin accepting reservations for our rental facilities at 8:00 a.m. the first working day after January 1st.  You can reserve in person in our office or online.  Online is the preferred method to ensure you get your desired rental. 

Our year-round rentals, Riverside Pavilion and the Maurin Center at Lac Lawrann Conservancy, can be booked through January 31st from the previous calendar year. 

Events booking the three-day wedding package for Lac Lawrann Conservancy can book up to 18 months in advance.  For information on booking a wedding into the next calendar year, please call our office at 262-335-5080.

Click here to view our full list of rental facilities.

Do you sell discount amusement park/Wisconsin Dells/Six Flags/Zoo tickets?

No, we do not.  Jackson, Hartford and Germantown Parks & Recreation Departments all sell them.

How can I volunteer?

We have lots of ways to volunteer, whether it be a specific project, a Scout project, an individual person or a large group.  Mulching trails, invasive species removal, picking litter, volunteering at our events, and more possibilities exist that help make our Park system beautiful!  Please call our office at 262-335-5080 or email us at to find out more. 

When do the Activity Guides come out?

The Activity Guides are published three times each year, usually the last Sunday in November (winter/spring), the last Sunday in March (summer), and the first Sunday in August (fall).

The Activity Guides are distributed in the Sunday West Bend Post.

They are available to view online here:

Or you can pick up a hard copy at the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Office, West Bend Community Library or the West Bend Area Chamber of Commerce.

What are the hours and admission fees for Regner Park Beach and Splash Pad?

Regner Park Beach is open 7 days a week during the summer.  Our June and July hours are 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. for the pond and noon to 5:00 p.m. for the splash pad.  August hours are 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the pond and noon to 5:00 p.m. for the splash pad. 

Admission is $3.00 for children ages 3 – 15 years old and $4.00 for individuals 16 years old and older.

What are the hours and admission fees for Regner Park Warming House and Ice Skating?

Weather and ice conditions permitting, Regner Park warming House regular hours of operation are Friday – Sunday as listed below.   Check the current Regner Park Ice Rink Warming House page HERE for the most up to date information.

Friday              5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Saturday – Sunday            1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Warming House is closed on December 24 & 25.

There is no fee for the warming house or ice skating.  Bring your own skates.

During warming house hours, we'll have the fireplace blazing warm, and hot chocolate, treats, and snacks will be available for purchase.

Click here for more info.

How do I sign up for classes?

You can sign up online at: or stop in our office during regular office hours. 

We do not take class registrations over the phone.

When is Trick-or-Treating?

Trick-or-treating occurs annually between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on the Saturday prior to Halloween or, if Halloween falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, then trick-or-treating shall occur on Halloween.

How do I get a new street tree?

Information on our street tree program can be found here:

Can I cut down or prune the tree between the curb and the sidewalk?

No, only our certified Arborist staff cut down and prune street trees between the curb and the sidewalk.  If your street tree looks unhealthy, please contact our office and we will come to inspect it.

Will you look at/cut down/prune my private tree?

No, we do not inspect, trim or cut down private trees.  Please contact a private tree service.

How can I commemorate a loved one or an event?

Please read our Celebration Tree & Brench Brochure brochure and contact us with any questions.  Other options are available for larger donations.




West Bend City Hall
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
(262) 335-5100