How Do I?

Browse by Category:

How Do I? and Department Frequently Asked Questions

Where is West Bend City Hall and what are the hours of operation?

City Hall is located at:

1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095



Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Saturday - Sunday Closed
(Excluding Holidays)

Where do I get a marriage license? How do I contact Social Security?

Social Security Office
1145 Vern Street
West Bend, WI 53090
1-262-338-6037 (TTY)


How do I contact the Health Department?

Washington County Health Department
Public Agency Center
333 E Washington St, Ste 1100
West Bend, WI 53095
P: 262-335-4462
F: 262-335-4705




Where can I get a work permit for my child?

The City of West Bend DOES NOT issue work permits. Contact the Workforce Development Center, 2200 Green Tree Road, West Bend (South end of Moraine Park Technical College) (262) 335-5300). Permits will be issued Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Where can I find Foreclosure Information?

Click here for more resource information.

Water FAQS

What is my current balance?

Balance information can be obtained by calling hte Water Utility office at (262)335-5040 between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.

When is my bill due?

Bills are due twenty days after issuance.

What time period does this bill cover?

The time period your bill covers can be found in the mid-section of the bill, under the heading "Reading Dates". If you do not have your bill, please contact the Water Utility office at (262)335-5040 between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.

What does PFP stand for?

Public Fire Protection - This item covers a portion of the Public Fire Protection charges for reserve supplies of water for fire fighting, fire hydrants and larger water mains to supply water to fire hydrants.

I no longer reside at this residence, why did I recieve a bill?

Often times, our office is not notified by the resident who is moving that a change needs to be made. To insure correct billing, please notify our office when you are moving or when a change needs to be made to your account.

Police Department FAQS

Click here for additional Police Department FAQS Will the Police Department give me a ride?

The Police Department does not provide a taxi service.

The Washington County Shared Ride Taxi Service can be contacted at 1-888-285-TAXI (8294) or 262-338-2908.

Visit for more details on available services and schedule times.

May I hunt within the City limits?

Lawful hunting is allowed in the City of West Bend with a bow and arrow or crossbow at a distance greater than 100 yards, from a building located on another person’s land, as described in Section 29.038(3)(b)1.a. of the Wisconsin Statutes.  This restriction does not apply if the person who owns the land on which the building is located allows the hunter to hunt within 100 yards of the building.  A person who discharges a bow and arrow or crossbow within the City of West Bend is required to discharge the arrow or bolt from the respective weapon toward the ground. 

Hunting is prohibited in city parks.

May I operate a snowmobile or ATV within City limits?

Snowmobiles or ATVs are not permitted to be operated on city streets, sidewalks or any public property, nor to be operated on private property unless permission has been given by that property owner.

Does the Police Department do fingerprinting and when can I have my fingerprints done?

Yes, fingerprinting is done everyday from 8:00am - 5:30pm. There is a $20.00 fee and you must have a valid picture ID.

Why did it take so long for the Police to come when I called them?

All requests for Police services are assigned to priority based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls of less urgent nature must be delayed so that we can respond immediately to emergencies.

Why do they ask so many questions when I call the police?

Dispatchers are trained to try and get as much information as possible to best determine the nature of the problem and its seriousness. On emergency calls, the dispatcher has already sent the information to the officer while asking additional questions.

Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?

No, as of January 1, 2004, the Police Department no longer offers this service.

Someone has abandoned a junk car in my parking lot or on my property. Can the Police tow it away for me?

The Police Department will start a junked or abandoned vehicle complaint and attempt to contact the vehicle owner by mail. If, after a resonable period of time, the owner has not removed the vehicle it will be towed from your property and impounded at the City impound lot.

How do I apply for a position with the Police Department?

An application may be obtained from the City HR Department at City Hall. Applications are only accepted when an eligibility list is being established. Testing for an eligibility list is advertised in area newspapers. Contact the HR Department at (262)335-5114 for more informatuion to find out what openings are available.

How can I find out if someone is in jail, when someone in jail can be visited and any other information about persons in jail?

The West Bend Police Department does not have a jail. You need to contact the Washington County Jail directly at (262)335-4427




West Bend City Hall
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
(262) 335-5100