Finance Department


Finance Department FAQ's

Where can I pay my Water Bills?

Water bills can be mailed or paid in person at the Finance Department, Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Payments can also be placed in the drop box after business hours EXCEPT ON DUE DATES, drop box payments must be received by 4:30 p.m to be considered a timely payment.

Where is the Drop Box located?

The Drop Box is located on the west side of the building by the main entrance of  City Hall.

How many dogs and cats are allowed per household in the City of West Bend?

City of West Bend Ordinance allows a maximum of two dogs and two cats per household.

Where can you purchase Drop-Off Yard Permit Stickers?

Drop-Off Yard Permit Stickers can only be purchased at the Department of Public Works.  Applications are available online.  Please refer to Public Works page under Organic Drop-Off.

When are the tax bills mailed out each year?

Tax bills (both real estate and personal property) are mailed out by December 15th.

What happens if I don't receive a tax bill?

If you do not receive your tax bill by December 20th, please contact the City of West Bend Finance Dept. at 262.335.5118.  Failure to receive a property tax bill does not relieve the taxpayer of the obligation to pay their taxes timely.

When are real estate tax payments due?

Real estate taxes are due January 31.  There is also the option to pay taxes using the two payment plan.  The first installment or full payment option is due on or before Janauary 31 and is payable to the City of West Bend.  The second installment  is due to the Washington County Treasurer on or before July 31.   Please refer to payment stubs located on the bottom of the tax bill.  If the due date falls on a weekend, payment is due on the following Monday. 

When are personal property tax payments due?

Personal property taxes are due January 31st.

What is considered a timely payment?

Tax payments are considered timely if they are postmarked on or before the respective due dates according to WI State Statutes.  You may consider going to the Post Office and having them hand cancel your envelope to assure a timely postmark.***You May Also Use the Drop Box Which is Located on the West Side of the Building Near the City Hall Entrance***

What happens if I miss the January 31st due date?

If the first installment is not paid by January 31, the entire unpaid balance becomes delinquent and is subject to interest and penalty retroactive to February 1 at a rate of 1.5% per month until it is paid in full.  Delinquent real estate tax payments are payable to the Washington County Treasurer.




West Bend City Hall
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
(262) 335-5100