July 4th Parade and Holiday Activities - City of West Bend Offices are closed
|Date:||July 4, 2019|
City Hall, Public Works, Sewer and Water Utilities offices are closed in observance of the holiday.
Because of the recent storms, many people are asking about our alternate/contingency plans for the Fourth of July:
Our contingency plans are as follows:
- If it is just raining, the parade will go on.
- If there is lightning/thunder prior to the start, we will delay the start of the parade.
- If the parade has begun and there is lightning/thunder, the parade will be stopped.
- If it is raining or storming (or threatening) we will wait to make any decision on cancellation until 8:15pm
- Event staff (see below) will confer and & make the go or no-go decision at that time
- Announcements will be posted on the Parks & Rec, the Police & the Fire Dept Facebook pages.
- Because 80% of our staff on the 4th is volunteer, we will not have the infrastructure to do the fireworks on the 5th.
- We will announce a makeup or cancellation by the following week.