The primary mission of the Information Technology department is to provide information technology to City departments. The essential functions that encompass this effort include:
- Server and network infrastructure procurement, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Purchase, install and maintain client computers and technology items for all departments.
- Maintain overall design of the internet web site.
- Monitor spam filter and ensure that the anti-spyware and antivirus software is operating correctly.
- Assist in the evaluation, purchase, installation and maintenance of software for City departments.
Information Technology Purchasing Information
The IT Department procures hardware and software off the State of Wisconsin purchasing contracts. Please refer to the latest budget for hardware and software additions and replacement information. Purchases are listed under Equipment Maintenance across the IT and Commuinty Media budgets. Only those items in the budget listed are purchased.