Originally known as the Bath House and Recreation Pavilion, the Regner Park Beach House was designed by architect A. C. Runzler. The H-shaped building and park were dedicated at a four-day celebration starting on Independence Day, July 4, 1935, during the City’s Golden Jubilee—West Bend’s 50th anniversary. The facility primarily served as a summer space for pond swimmers to change and shower as well as a warming house for skaters in the winter months.
At over 85 years old, the Regner Park Beach House is not only a cherished piece of West Bend’s history, but it also serves many functions for the beach pond, splash pad and ice rink. The City of West Bend envisions creating a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose facility, equipped with a welcoming lobby, full kitchen and concession stand, individual and family changing rooms, new restrooms, and an outdoor pavilion and courtyard. The Beach House will also be available as a rental facility for private celebrations and gatherings. It’s time for the beach house to be as beautiful and inviting as Regner Park. Help build the beach house!
Make a splash!
Help build the beach house.
Click here to learn more about becoming a Beach Bum.
Questions? Contact Jay Shambeau, City Administrator,
at (262) 335-5171 or email@example.com.
Regner Park Beach House Supporters
Donors have jumped in to significantly support and commit to this community-minded project. Special thanks to:
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company Charitable Fund
- Delta Defense
- Oscar C. & Augusta Schlegel Foundation
- Thomas J. Rolfs Family Foundation
- Beth Ramsthal
- Bob Ramsthal
- Schloemer Family Charitable Fund
- West Bend Community Foundation's Ziegler Family Foundation Fund
- West Bend Friends of Parks and Recreation
- West Bend Community Foundation
- West Bend Community Foundation's Judi and George Prescott Family Foundation
- Westbury Bank Charitable Foundation
- Commerce State Bank
- Horicon Bank
- National Exchange Bank Foundation, Inc.
- Bank Five Nine
- Curt & Sue Culver Family Foundation
- Glacier Hills Credit Union
- Kevin and Linda Steiner
A signature group of project supporters committed at the $1,000 level and above.
Beach Bums | $1,000 Level
- American Construction Services
- Dennis and Cynthia Backhaus
- Lianne and Paul Becht, Innovative Retirement Associates
- John and Debbie Butschlick
- William and Kathryn Chapman, in memory of Chuck and Marilou Chapman
- Jed and Ellen Dolnick
- EPIC Creative
- David Ertmer
- Mike Faley
- Jon and Cheryl Gillis
- Jeremy Hahn
- Tom and Karn Hopp
- Robert Jacques
- Boyd and Diana Janto
- Kohler Credit Union
- Justice and Lisa Madl
- Tammy Muckerheide
- Bell Bank Mortgage (Amy Schmoldt and Matt Schellinger)
- Mike and Tracey Nowack
- Joel and Christina Ongert
- Dave and Jeanne Renick
- James Schwalen
- Jay and Sandra Shambeau
- Robb and Chrissy Steiner
- The Tighe Family
- Mr. Derek Tyus and Ms. Dwanyell Thomas
- West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation
- Anne and Jim White
- Joe and Mary Zaremba
- Ned and Jane Baldus
- Amy and Gary Campbell
- POUND in the Park with Amy Schmoldt
Learn more about becoming a Beach Bum!