Dear Business Owner:
The West Bend Police Department is asking all businesses to update their contact information, and if appropriate, their alarm company information. We use this information to contact you or another key holder in the event an incident occurs at your business during non-business hours. Please complete the Business Key Holder Form. We request that key holders residing in the West Bend area be listed first as they will be contacted in the order listed. Additionally, we are asking for your email address. Return the form, including your email address, to the West Bend Police Department, Attention Dispatcher Kim Wendelborn, 350 Vine Street, West Bend, WI 53095.
I also want to remind you of the city ordinance relating to alarms. Below are the requirements of the ordinance:
- Property owners of buildings with alarms are required to maintain the alarm and ensure the alarm is in good working order.
- The City will charge property owners $100.00 for each false alarm after the second alarm.
- Owners shall provide the following information to the West Bend Police Department:
- Owner’s name, address, and phone number
- Alarm company’s name, address, and phone number
- The name, address, and phone number of the person(s) designated to respond to alarms
I would also ask you to please notify us whenever you have a change in alarm companies or other contact information.
Kenneth J. Meuler
Chief of Police