Drop-off Yard Hours Starting on Tuesday, May 26:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday | 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday | 7 a .m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday | 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Closed on Sunday
To comply with social distancing guidelines, the number of vehicles allowed in the yard at one time will be limited. Permit sticker and refuse cart purchases will be available at the Public Works Office, however, the public is highly encouraged to utilize alternative methods of purchasing these items to avoid entering the Municipal Building. Refuse carts can be purchased over the phone at 262-335-5079. As a courtesy, carts are temporarily being delivered at no additional cost. Permit stickers can also be purchased through the following methods:
- By Phone: Call the Public Works Office at 262-335-5079. A staff member will complete the permit form with you and will take payment via credit card ($1.00 convenience fee applies). The completed form, receipt, and permit sticker will be mailed. Once received, please sign the form and return it with a copy of your vehicle registration.
- By Email: Send the completed Permit Sticker Form and a copy of your vehicle registrationto firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 262-335-5079 to set up a credit card payment ($1.00 convenience fee applies). A receipt and permit sticker will be mailed in return.
- By Mail: Print a copy of the Permit Sticker Form. Mail completed form, copy of vehicle registration, and check (payable to City of West Bend) to Public Works Department, 251 Municipal Drive, West Bend, WI 53095. Once received, a receipt and permit sticker will be mailed in return.
For questions, please contact the City of West Bend Public Works Department at 262-335-5079 or email Pubw@ci.west-bend.wi.us.
Click here for department information and hours of operation.
A current Sticker Permit is required to enter the City Drop-Off Yard. Stickers can be purchased upon arrival.
Attention: 2020 Drop-Off Yard Stickers will be available on January 2, 2020.
Materials accepted at the City Drop-Off Yard include:
- Extra refuse and recyclables
- Waste Oil
- Lead-acid batteries
- Scrap metal
*Effective January 1, 1993, organic materials are banned from landfills by the State of Wisconsin.
We consider brush as any type of woody material that could be ground into wood mulch. Brush inlcudes limbs, branches, sticks, twigs, and some types of shrub trimmings. Trimmings that are comprised mostly of leafy material would be considered as "organics" rather than brush and should be separted when brought to the City Drop-Off Yard.
We use the term "organics" to describe dead plant materials other than brush. Organics would include dead bedding plant and tree leaves, grass clippings, hedge trimmings, vegetable plant residues and fruits, pumpkins, and lawn rakings.
Residents are encouraged to mow grass before it’s 4 inches high and mulch clippings on your lawn or use the grass clippings for compost or mulch. However, if necessary, bagged clippings can be brought to the City Drop-Off Yard. DO NOT blow or rake grass clippings into the street.
During the spring or summer, leaves can be used for compost or mulch; bagged leaves can be dropped off at the City Drop-Off Yard. Leaves are only picked up by the Public Works Department in the fall. Watch for news releases regarding the start and completion of leaf collection.
Items NOT accepted at the City Drop-Off Yard include:
Click here for a listing of area businesses that accept these items.
A permit sticker is required for entry into the City Drop-Off Yard effective January 1, 2012, and is available only to City of West Bend residents and residential property owners within the city limits of West Bend. Stickers are not transferable to other vehicles and must be stuck to the lower driver's side windshield of the registered vehicle.
Driver's License and Current Vehicle Registration are required to purchase a permit sticker.
A Permit Sticker is $25 for the first vehicle and $5 for the second vehicle and is valid for a calendar year (January through December). The sticker price will not be prorated if purchased later in the year. See temporary methods for purchasing stickers above. Accepted payment methods for permit stickers include: cash, personal check, and credit/debit cards. A convenience fee of 2.75% will be assessed to each credit/debit card transaction. There is a minimum convenience fee of $1.00 for all transactions under $38.00.
City of West Bend business owners are eligible to purchase a $25 Business Property Load Pass Permit to dispose of brush and/or organic wastes from their City of West Bend business property only. Each Business Property Load Pass is good for one day and there is no limit to the number of Load passes purchased throughout the year.