The City of West Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
The Human Resources Department is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed holidays) and is located on the second floor of West Bend City Hall, 1115 S. Main Street, West Bend, WI 53095. Phone: 262-335-5114.
Communications Manager (FT)
The City of West Bend Communications Department seeks a dynamic individual to join its team as a full-time Communications Manager. This position works under the direct supervision of the Communications and Economic Development Director. It supports a wide range of duties within the Department, including Community Television production and programming. This position is responsible for crafting digital content and implementing communications strategies that support the City of West Bend’s presence in the community, increases awareness of programs and resources, and offers transparency in government operations to internal and external constituents. This position also serves as the Executive Director of the Business Improvement District.
- Develops content for and systematically updates communications via the City website, social media, newsletters, e-newsletters, videography, and other means to ensure public and internal awareness and understanding of key City initiatives, current projects and events
- Manages the City’s social networks, including engaging current and potential customers, resolving consumer questions/concerns and building brand loyalty
- Produces video content and performs some graphic design work
- Cover special events, meetings, sporting events, and other activities
- Serves as the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) Executive Director: create agendas, organize meetings, coordinate projects, prepare and submit annual BID operating plan to city council, manage the budget, prepare annual property assessments, complete minutes and reports, integrate downtown projects with other city planning efforts and act as liaison between BID and city
- Other duties as assigned
- Track digital metrics (i.e. social media, website, e-communications, etc.)
- Assist in general administrative and clerical duties
- 2-4 years of related experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Graphic Design, or Video Production, preferred
- Experience with computers is required with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
- Interest and experience in using social media platforms in a professional environment (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Familiarity with public, educational or governmental access desirable
- Communicates clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Works effectively under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Able to work with little or no supervision
Hours and Compensation
This is an exempt full-time position. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends. This position is eligible to receive a full benefit package. Starting salary is $48,000 – $54,000 DOQ.
Interested candidates are required to complete the online application available at https://www.ci.west-bend.wi.us/job_opportunities/job_opportunities.php. Additional required materials include:
- Cover letter
- Resume with links to portfolio (samples of videos or past projects)
The selected candidate must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be able to pass a background check and drug screening. Applications will be accepted until the needs of the department are met.
City of West Bend
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
Public Works Department Technician I & II (Full-time)
Public Works Department Technician I & II (Full-time positions)
Applications are being accepted for the Technician I and II positions. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deal courteously with the Public, work outdoors in varying weather conditions, have physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, work flexible hours and overtime as directed, be team and goal oriented and have the willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed. Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with a good driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL within thirty days of hire.
Mechanical, Concrete, Asphalt, Snowplowing, and Storm Sewer experience highly desirable. Must be available for snowplowing 24 hours a day when required.
In addition to the duties listed in the Technician I job description, the Technician II is expected to be the lead person and assist the Operations Superintendent on various crews and assignments. Effective leadership, mentorship, initiative and ability to assign tasks and duties effectively is essential.
The ideal candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check.
Starting salary will be $21-$23.50 /hr. Open until filled. A completed application is required and available at www.ci.west-bend.wi.us or in the Human Resource Department.
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
Position Open Until Filled
SEE FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE REGIONAL FIREFIGHTERS HIRING PROCESS at https://www.fvtc.edu/employers/public-safety-training/fire-protection/fire-departments-fox-valley-regional-hiring-process-cpat
Summer Recreation Program Instructors & Playground Leaders (Temporary)
Summer Recreation Positions
- Online Application for Summer Recreation Positions
- Additional Application Attachment (please complete)
Seasonal Recreation Program Instructors
West Bend Parks & Recreation Department hires Recreation Program Instructors throughout the year for various programs & activity offerings. Applicants must be 15 years old or older, possess a good working knowledge of activity applying for such as soccer, tennis, basketball, football, volleyball, baseball, archery, and gymnastics. Ability to lead a large group of children, and have a high level of responsibility. Applicants must also be available on a regular basis during the specific programs times which varies.
If you are interested in these employment opportunities, please submit a completed application. Applications are available on the City of West Bend website (https://westbend.rja.revize.com/forms/475) or at the Parks, Recreation & Forestry office (located at 1115 S. Main St.). Please contact the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department at 262-335-5080 with any questions. All positions are open until filled.