West Bend, Wis. (September 2, 2020): In observance of the Labor Day holiday, the City of West Bend Public Works Office and drop-off yard will be closed on Monday, September 7, 2020. The drop-off yard will be open Saturday, September 5 and September 12 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The garbage and recycling collection schedule for the 2020 Labor Day holiday is as follows:
- Monday, September 7: No collection
- Tuesday, September 8: Monday’s route will be collected
- Wednesday, September 9: Tuesday’s route will be collected
- Thursday, September 10: Wednesday’s route will be collected
- Friday, September 11: Thursday’s route will be collected
Residents are asked to place their garbage and recycling at the curb by 6 a.m., as crews cannot be sent back to locations where garbage was not placed out early enough for collection.
Brush collection will follow the normal schedule for the remainder of 2020. Brush will be collected on scheduled garbage collection days with a separate truck during the weeks of September 7 and 21, and October 5 and 19.
Leaf collection will begin on October 18, 2020. Leaves are not to be placed curbside or into the street gutter area for collection prior to Friday, October 9, 2020.Leaves, lawn rakings, and grass clippings may be brought to the drop-off site located at 251 Municipal Drive. All vehicles utilizing the drop-off site on Municipal Drive must have a 2020 permit sticker attached to the windshield of the vehicle registered. Permit stickers are available for purchase by City of West Bend residents and property owners at the Public Works Office for $25.00.
Current hours of operation for the drop-off yard are:
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- April 1–September 14:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursdays: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For questions, please contact the City of West Bend Public Works Department at 262-335-5079.