West Bend, Wis. (October 6, 2020): The City of West Bend Public Works will begin the 2020 Leaf Collection on Monday, October 19, 2020. The last day to place leaves out for collection will be Sunday, November 22.
Citizens are reminded that leaves are to be placed into the street gutter area for collection. Bags of leaves will not be collected and crews will not remove leaves from the area between the sidewalks and curb. Please donot mix branches with leaves.
- Brush Collection: The last scheduled Brush Collection is the week of October 19, 2020, on the same day as resident’s garbage collection day.
- Pumpkin Collection: Pumpkins are not to be placed in the garbage. Please place pumpkins in thestreet gutter area for collection along with leaves.
- Lawn and Garden Waste: Please do not place lawn and garden waste in the garbage.Residents who choose to bring their leaves or other organic materials to the City of West Bend Drop-off Yard, located at 251 Municipal Drive, may do so during the following scheduled hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Year Round | 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: Summer (April 1 to September 14) | 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Fall (September 15 to November 15) | 7 a.m. to Sunset; Winter (November 16 to March 31) | 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday (weather permitting):
March to November | 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (every Saturday)
December to February | 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (second and last Saturday of each month)
Note: A 2020 Permit Sticker is required to enter the yard. Permit Stickers may be purchased for $25 from the Department of Public Works during business hours. A current vehicle registration and driver’s license are required to purchase a sticker. Stickers are valid for one calendar year (January 1-December 31).
Questions concerning the above information may be directed to the Public Works Department at 262-335-5079.